Conference theme: Food, Migration, Diversity: The Many Flavors of the Short Story. Please note that contestants may write on any subject they deem appropriate. The following guidelines will be strictly adhered to.
• Word count: 2,000 to 3,000 words. Times Roman 12 pt. 1 inch
• Short stories in English or English translation. Two stories maximum.
• Stories must not bear any identifying information and must be sent as an attachment in .doc, .rt
• To submit the story, send an email to Dr. Maurice A. Lee, email@example.com
• Subject of the email: Short Story Contest, 2020
• Include name, contact details and title of work in the body of the email. If translated, the name of
• Translator must be indicated in the body of the email only.
• Entries must not have been previously published online (includes personal blogs, etc.) or in print. There may be exceptions for those stories published exclusively in another language and which have not been translated previously. Please contact Dr. Lee for these exceptions.
The Conference reserves the right to utilize stories in support of the Society or Conference in any way deemed appropriate, which may include publication in an anthology.
Stories submitted and accepted for the conference anthology (participants only) which will be published, may not be submitted for the short story contest, because it will violate the rules of the anthology.
Writers retain copyright to their works, and after the Conference are free to have their stories published elsewhere.
Entry fee: 15€ per story. Non-refundable. Via online payment form – please see Registration. For those not attending the conference, just choose the appropriate entry.
Note: If you are just entering the short story contest and not participating in the conference, you still need to go through the Registration site for payment. Please fill out the identification section and proceed to payment. You will be able to pay for one or two submissions on that site. Thanks.
Stories for which an entry fee has not been paid will not be considered.
Submission Deadline: 1st – February 29th, 2020. Final – April 30, 2020.
If there are any problems with the submission or the payment, please contact the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Judge: Clark Blaise
Prizes: 1st prize 300€, 2nd prize 200€, 3rd prize 100€.
The organizers reserve the right not to award the prizes, or to reduce the prize money, if, in their opinion, such action is justified for any reason.
**Note: Writers do not need to attend the conference to submit short stories for the contest**